Sunday, August 8, 2010

What I've Been Up To

I've been slowly starting some Christmas gifts.  I actually finished one project!  Right before our trip to the Jersey shore, I made some headbands following this tutorial.  The only thing I changed up was instead of using elastic, I used 2 hair elastics.  The hair elastics didn't pull my hair and kept the headband in place.  I also wore the headband during the 5K I wogged (walk/jog, I decided what I really did was not running at all, so I can't call it wunning...so it's now known as wogging) last Saturday. 


The one Christmas gift I finished was for our nephew.  After looking around on some blogs and websites, I came up with a fishing set.  I sewed up some fish.  Added button for eyes and sewed in some washers for the mouth.  I then made a fishing hook out of felt and put a strong magnet inside the hook.  I made the pole out of a wooden dowel and string.  I wrapped felt around the handle to give a good grip.  I really like how it came out! Check out my model... ;-)




The other project I've been working on, but haven't finished, is some felt food for our 4-year old niece.  She is always playing her in kitchen and 'cooking' up some meals for everyone.  As of right now, I made about a dozen raviolis, four strawberries, two carrots and one bean.  I want to make a few more beans and then some more fruits and veggies.  I love making the felt food!  It's so easy to make and everything is super cute. 


And that's what I've been up to for the past few weeks!  Hopefully I will finish up a few more things this week to post soon. 

As for my cooking...not too much going on with that.  But I am planning on making some pot roast this week!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like you've been having a lot of crafty fun! Great work Heather!

Unknown said...

How about "walgging"?

Also, your food looks delicious! :-)