Friday, December 4, 2009

Homemade Christmas...Part 1

Here are some pictures (not the greatest of pictures, I took them with my cell phone) of some of the items I'm making and giving for Christmas.

This is a dish that I purchased, along with a cute stand, and used black chalkboard paint to make a very festive Christmas decoration.  I made two of these (for each of my sister-in-laws).  I just need to put some finishing touches on the paint...I'm not the neatest of painters.




















This really is a horrible picture....but this a tutu I made for one of my nieces.  I used pink and purple tulle, cut them in 3 inch wide pieces and tied them around an elastic.  I still have a few more to make...  Along with the tutus, I'm making them each a little bag and filling it with 'princess' goodies.  I found some awesome bracelets at Target (love the $1 bins!) and some other jewelry the dollar store.  I also made some pretend makeup, using real makeup containers, but taking out makeup, and using colored foam to make the 'makeup' (see other picture).  The makeup looks awesome!



No comments: