Saturday, February 13, 2010

Wednesday Night Chili!

After hearing the weather report Tuesday night, I knew Wednesday would be a snow day for Jeremy and me.  I figured I make a big ol' pot of chili for dinner on Wednesday.  Personally, I think the best way to eat chili is after its been in the slow cooker all day long.  I really don't follow a recipe for chili...I just add things that I think will make everything taste good.  

To make this chili, I cooked up 2 pounds of ground turkey and 2 Tbsp. of chili powder, added in some minced garlic, peppers and onions.  In the slow cooker, I added in a jar of whatever spaghetti sauce we had in our pantry, and a can of rotelle (diced tomatoes and green chilies).  Once the turkey was cooked through, I added it to the slow cooker and mixed everything together.  I set it to 8-hours and just let it simmer all day. 


Right before we were ready to eat, I made some cornbread.  My favorite mix is the Jiffy brand, that comes in the blue box.  It's cheap and easy to make (all you add is eggs and milk).  



I like to top my chili off with some cheese and sour cream.  

What a great meal for a snowy, windy night!

3 comments:

Jeremy A. said...

Mmm, this turkey chili was delicious. Heather likes to mix her cornbread in with the chili, but I think that's weird (although still really good). It really was a perfect meal after a day of snow!

Elizabeth said...

Have you tried your chili by scooping it with Fritos scoops??? Yummy!!!

Unknown said...

i am a big fan of your directions on how to make chili... "i really dont follow a recipe... i just add things i think will make it taste good." that is why chili is awesome! we like kidney and black beans in ours. yours is making me want chili right now.