Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chicken Kabobs

Here is my day 1 blog entry for the 30 Days of Creativity.  Last night, I made chicken kabobs for dinner.  I thought cooking would be a great way to kick of my 30 days of creativity.  It's a learning experience for me, since I'm not the most creative person when it comes to making meals.  So I have a feeling this 30 day initiative is going to be filled with lots of cooking and baking and hopefully I will share some of the recipes with you.   

Okay, so on to last night's supper.  I decided to make kabobs and oven potatoes.  For the potatoes, I used some packaged seasoning mix that I had the pantry.  So I followed the recipe on the back of the packet.  I cut up four red potatoes into bite size pieces, added some olive oil and the seasoning packet.  I then spread the potatoes onto a baking sheet and baked for about 25 minutes.


While the potatoes were cooking, I cut up the chicken, tomatoes, peppers and onions.  There is no recipe for this, I just use whatever veggies and meat I have in the house.  I placed the meat and veggies onto bamboo skewers.  Once they were all assembled, I drizzled olive oil and crushed peppercorn and garlic seasoning from Pampered Chef.  I usually will marinate the chicken and veggies in Italian salad dressing, but since my husband was picking up the veggies on his way from work, I didn't have time to let the veggies sit in the dressing.  Then it was time for the grill.  My husband and I live in a condo and we can only have an electric outdoor grill...so it doesn't hold much but it does the trick when cooking for the two of us.


I left the kabobs on the grill for a good 15 minutes (I'm paranoid about undercooked food...so I probably could have taken everything off the grill in about 10 minutes). Once taken off the grill, it was time to eat!  I think kabobs are probably one of my favorite summer time meals.  They are simple to make, but such a great tasting meal.


Day 1 down...29 more to go.  Will I make it??  I sure hope so!

No comments: