Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tater Tot Casserole

I haven't made tater tot casserole in a long time.  And when I do make, I always think something is missing.  Before making it last night, following the usual recipe, I did a quick search online and found a recipe that sounded really good.  So here is my Day 13 for 30 Days of Creativity - Tater Tot Casserole.  I also linked up to the Craft-o-Maniac Monday Link Party.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
chopped onion (as little or as much as you like)
8 oz. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheese
1/2 bag of tater tots
cream of chicken soup
seasonings (I used salt, pepper, and garlic)


Pour a little oil into a large skillet and start cooking the onion.  Add in the ground beef (or turkey) and cook until there is no pick, season the meat.  While the beef (or turkey) is cooking, in a separate bowl, add the soup, sour cream, and cheese.  Once the meat is cooked, remove from heat and stir in the soup/sour cream/cheese.  Place into a baking dish.  Top with tater tots and place in oven.  Cook for about 30 mins. at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.  Serve and enjoy!

Note - our oven never seems to get the tater tots crispy, so we used the broiler for a few minutes to get them crispy.

And here I am with the final dish!


Leggs likes to 'help' me in the kitchen...he watches closely, hoping I drop something for him to eat.

1 comment:

bargainblondie said...

Heather,
Thank you for linking up to my TTT party last week. This looks like the perfect quick and easy meal. I am defiantly going to give this a try. Thanks for posting and I am your newest follower! Keep up the good work, I am looking forward to stopping by again to see what else you have in store.

Elisabeth @ Bargainblondie