Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 4 of 30 Days of Creativity - Tennessee

Back in September 2009, my hubby and I took a road trip down to Tennessee.  We visited the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Gatlinburg, Dollywood and some small towns I can't remember the names of.  I don't think I ever posted any pictures from that trip on here.  I know the trip was two years ago, but I wanted to do a photography post for the 30 Days of Creativity
I am definitely not the most talented photographer.  I have a Nikon Coolpix S550 point-and-shoot camera, but I admit I don't really know how to use the camera (so if any of you have pointers on how to really use it, I would love to hear them!).  But this is the camera I use for everything.  It's small, portable and easy to use.

Anyway, I took a lot of pictures when we went to Tennessee.  It's so beautiful down there and I wanted to capture everything!  So for Day 4 of 30 Days of Creativity (I know...way behind), I wanted to share some the pictures I took while on this vacation.

This is a barn in Cataloochee Valley, which is actually in the North Carolina section of the park.


These two pictures are from our drive up to Clingmans Dome, which is the highest point in the Park (6,643 feet).  It was foggy the day we went, I don't have any clear pictures from the observation desk at the top. 

I actually used one of the many functions on my camera for this one!


And of course I had to add one picture from Dollywood.  Jeremy took this one for me.  I have to say, this amusement park was one of the best I have ever been to.  Dolly Parton designed the park around the history of the Smoky Mountains.  Walking around the park was like stepping back in time.  I loved it!


And that's my Day 4 entry.  I have another five days to catch up on.  We'll see how that goes...

No comments: