Monday, June 13, 2011

Ice Cream, Sugar Hand Scrub and Hot Dogs

Here we go...I'm going to use this to catch up through Day 12 (minus Day 8's project, I can't post that until the weekend).  Day 9 through Day 12 involved ice cream, hand scrub and hot dogs.

Day 9 - Sugar Hand Scrub

Spring means allergies and allergies means sneezing and itchy skin for Heather.  When it's allergy season, I get really dry and itchy hands.  I haven't found anything that helps heal my hands.  I was looking around online to find a hand scrub just to try get rid of the dry skin.  I found a few recipes for some hand scrubs and thought I would try one.  For the one I made, I used 3/4 c. brown sugar, 3/4 c. white sugar and 1/4 c. olive oil.  I mixed everything in a canning jar.  I added a little more olive oil after everything was combined in the jar.  I tried the scrub on my hands and it was okay.  It made my hands nice and smooth, but didn't help with the really dry patches.  This scrub can also be used as a body scrub, which I haven't tried yet.  But I'm sure it will work great.  And if any of you have suggestions on how to help my hands, please share.  I would love to hear them!




 Day 10 and 11 - Key Lime Ice Cream

Jeremy and I were given an ice cream maker right after we were engaged, about four years ago.  We never used it.  Sad, I know.  I was going through google reader the other day and saw a recipe for key lime ice cream.  I love anything key lime, so I knew I had to try this.  It was super easy, just add the ingredients to the bowl of the ice cream maker and run for about 25 minutes.  It didn't fully freeze the ice cream, so I put it in a freezer safe bowl and froze over night.  This ice cream is delicious!  And now I want to try some more ice cream recipes.





And now I think I need some ice cream. :-)

Day 12 - Hot Dog Johnny's

I really don't like hot dogs.  I'm not sure what it is, I just don't like them.  But on Sunday, we went to Hot Dog Johnny's on Route 46 in Buttzville, NJ (yes, there is a Buttzville in New Jersey).  Hot Dog Johnny's was founded in 1944.  The menu is simple - hot dogs, french fries, pickles, soda and milkshakes.  Their birch beer is awesome!  Since they only sell hot dogs, I ate one, with lots of ketchup, mustard, relish and onion.  I didn't get any pictures of the food, but I took some of the building and signs.  If you're in the area, definitely stop by.  It's a pretty cool place and right on the river.  Great place to stop!



1 comment:

Chris said...

Ahhh I've been to Hot Dog Johnny's before! It is good, and BUSY in the summers, definitely.

Been wondering about those sugar scrubs. A lot of people have been posting them for 30 days, but I think yours is the simplest recipe I've seen so far.